Meet Kiley Krause!
Kiley has been one of our Patient Care Advisors at Animal Family since July of 2020.
As a Patient Care Advisor, she works hands on with the doctors to improve each animal’s health. She gathers a history, helps with the exam, and checks clients out. When she’s not in appointments, she runs labs, pharmacy, draws blood, and loves on all the cute patients! A huge part of her job is to train incoming Patient Care Advisors. She enjoys growing the family. Usually, every day at Animal Family is different, which is a huge reason she loves it.
Here is a little more about Kiley!
- Favorite parts of the Quad Cities area?
- The hiking trails around here. I love Scott County Park, Sunderbruch, and Sylvan Island.
- Favorite things to do?
- I am passionate about dog sledding. Right now, I only have one sled dog so we bikejor in the spring, fall, and winter. Bikejoring is a form of dryland mushing. It is essentially dog sledding but without snow, and on a bike! When it’s our off season, we go hiking!
- I love going to music festivals, especially metal shows. I go to every metal concert that I can!
- I enjoy crafting as well! I make custom shirts and signs.
- How do animals impact your life?
- I have been significantly impacted by animals my entire life, which is a huge reason why I work at Animal Family. I have learned so much from animals, my patients included! No matter what they go through, animals are always hopeful. I have been taught by my own pets that life continues on, and there is always a reason to smile. I am thankful for the positivity animals share every day.
- Do you have any pets?
- Of course, I do! I have a Shih Tzu/Bichon Frise named Teddy Bear, a Siberian Husky named Nanook, and a cat named Puddin.
- What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
- People are generally surprised to find out that I play 7 instruments. I have played flute for 10 years. Music is a huge part of my life!
- If you could have 3 wishes, what would they be and why?
- I wish to live in Alaska in a cabin with sled dogs! My goal in life is to have a sled dog kennel and race the Iditarod.
- I wish pets could live forever.
- I wish I could meet the members of Motionless in White!
Animal Family Veterinary Care offers an extensive range of services all in one place, so we can meet your pet’s needs in almost every situation. Our veterinarians in Davenport treat dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, and a variety of other exotic species, because every pet is unique and important.